Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson - Look past the meta-physical in this book

Imagine trying to make sense of an amalgam of Timothy Learys eight neurological circuits, G.I. Gurdjieffs self-observation exercises, Alfred Korzybskis general semantics, Aleister Crowleys magical theorems, and the several disciplines of Yoga; not to mention Christian Science, relativity, quantum mechanics, and many other approaches to understanding the world around us! That is exactly what Robert Anton Wilson does in Prometheus Rising. In short, this is a book about how the human mind works and what you can do to make the most of yours.

Look past the meta-physical in this book
Because it's not the point. It's just that framework that RAW chose to live his life in and therefore the vocabulary he had available. The reason this book is so important can best be described with one single sentence quote (paraphrased):

"The only thing all societies have in common regarding sexual taboos is that they all have them."

I knew morality was a relative thing, largely dictated by culture and perception of what was best for the species at large before I read this. I didn't realize the extent to which that concept was relevant until I read this.

For More 5 Star Reviews, Complete Product Review and The Lowest Prices Please Visit:
Buy Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson At The Lowest Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment