Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Pigman by Paul Zindel - Great Audiobook!

For sophomores John and Lorraine, the world feels meaningless; nothing is important. They certainly can never please their parents, and school is a chore. To pass the time, they play pranks on unsuspecting people. Its during one of these pranks that they meet the Pigman--a fat, balding old man with a zany smile plastered on his face. In spite of themselves, John and Lorraine soon find that theyre caught up in Mr. Pignatis zest for life. In fact, they become so involved that they begin to destroy the only corner of the world thats ever mattered to them. Originally published in 1968, this novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Paul Zindel still sings with sharp emotion as John and Lorraine come to realize that Our life would be what we made of it--nothing more, nothing less.

Great Audiobook!
I ordered the audiobook version because my son had this book on his required reading list. I started listening with him for a couple minutes to get him started, but then I couldn't walk away, I was hooked and had to listen to the whole thing that night!

It is really well-written and well performed! It is often very funny - we were laughing out loud at several places. And the narrators did such a great job - they sound like the real teenagers telling us their story. The boy reads one chapter, and the girl reads the next chapter - and I really liked the banter between them and their entirely different personalities and perspectives. I found it all very entertaining, very funny at times and very dramatic at others.

My son got wrapped up in the story and I was so glad I got to listen to it as well. We just ordered the sequel and look forward to listening to that on our family drive to Chicago.

For More 5 Star Reviews, Complete Product Review and The Lowest Prices Please Visit:
Buy The Pigman by Paul Zindel At The Lowest Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment