
Cancer Ward examines the relationship of a group of people in the cancer ward of a provincial Soviet hospital in 1955, two years after Stalins death. We see them under normal circumstances, and also reexamined at the eleventh hour of illness. Together they represent a remarkable cross-section of contemporary Russian characters and attitudes. The experiences of the central character, Oleg Kostoglotov, closely reflect the authors own: Solzhenitsyn himself became a patient in a cancer ward in the mid-1950s, on his release from a labor camp, and later recovered. Translated by Nicholas Bethell and David Burg.
Read this book
Okay, so I should probably hold off on writing a review until I've actually finished the book. However, I picked Cancer Ward up a day or so ago and I am finding it to be a fantastic read. I'm actually bringing it with me as reading material on my upcoming plane flight to my honeymoon destination--now, isn't that romantic? Well, perhaps not...but it really is that good. I'll leave the plot summary and character commentary to others--I just want to say this is a darn good read.
For More 5 Star Reviews, Complete Product Review and The Lowest Prices Please Visit:
Buy Cancer Ward by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn At The Lowest Price!
No comments:
Post a Comment